How to make money with this new system
- FREE TRAINING: How to Earn a 6-Figure Side-Income OnlineSign up for the free training
Market research, on the other hand, is only a part of marketing research that covers a few aspects of marketing. It is only the sub-function of marketing research ‘some companies use “market research” for describing research into markets the size of geographical distribution incomes, and so on. However, it fails to cover the idea of research into the effects of marketing efforts on markets, for which the term is accurate. Elements of marketing research.
1. Marketing research. It covers the aspects regarding the size and nature of the market including export markets dividing the consumers into terms, of their age, sex, income (market segmentation), economic aspects of marketing, etc.
2. Sales Research. This relates to the problem of regional variations in sales fixing sales territories, measurement of the effectiveness of salesman, evaluation of sales methods and incentives, etc.
3. Product Research. This relates to the analysis of strengths and or weakness of existing product testing problems relating to diversification, simplification, trading up and trading down (all product line decisions), etc.
4.Packaging Research. In essence, it is a part of product research. But the recent development in packaging and its contribution to the advertising made it occupy an independent position. This necessitates a separate study concerning the aspects of the package to know its impact and response in the market.
5. Advertising Research. It undertakes a study relating to the preparation of advertisement copy (copy research), media to be used (media research), and measurement of advertising effectiveness.
6. Business Economic Research. Problems relating to input-output analysis, forecasting, price and profit analysis, and preparation of break-even charts are the main fields of the research.
7. Export Marketing Research. This research is intended to study the export potentials of the product. In such cases any or all kinds of research mentioned above become necessary.
Source by Younus Rathore